- The import task used the canonical version of a file path. This
has been changed to use the absolute path. Bugzilla 28505.
- ant-xalan2.jar has been removed since the only class contained in it
didn't depend on Xalan-J 2 at all. Its sole dependency has always
been TraX and so it has been merged into ant-trax.jar.
- All exceptions thrown by tasks are now wrapped in a buildexception
giving the location in the buildfile of the task.
- Nested elements for namespaced tasks and types may belong to the
Ant default namespace as well as the task's or type's namespace.
- <junitreport> will very likely no longer work with Xalan-J 1.
Note that Xalan-J 1 has been deprecated for a very long time and we
highly recommend that you upgrade.
If you really need to continue using Xalan-J 1, please copy the
junit-frames-xalan1.xsl from the distribution's etc directory as
junit-frames.xsl into a new directory and use the task's styledir
attribute to point to. This is the last version of the XSLT
stylesheet that is expected to be compatible with Xalan-J 1.
- eliminate memory leak in AntClassLoader. Bugzilla Report 8689.
- subant haltonfailure=false did not catch all failures. Bugzilla Report 27007.
- macrodef @@ escaping was broken. Bugzilla Report 27069.
- SQL task did not work with Informix IDS 9.2. Bugzilla Report 27162.
- MacroDef did not allow attributes named 'description'. Bugzilla Report 27175.
- Throw build exception if name attribute missing from patternsetNameEntry.
Bugzilla Report 25982.
- Throw build exception if target repeated in build file, but allow targets
to be repeated in imported files.
- <apply> didn't compare timestamps of source and targetfiles when
using a nested <filelist>. Bugzilla Report 26985.
- tagdiff.xml was broken in ant 1.6.1. Bugzilla Report 27057.
- if the basedir contained .. or . dirs, and the build file name contained
.. or ., the basedir was set incorrectly. Bugzilla Report 26765.
- regression from ant 1.5, exec task outputted two redundant trailing newlines.
Bugzilla Report 27546.
- NPE when running commons listener. Bugzilla Report 27373.
- <java> swallowed the stack trace of exceptions thrown by the
executed program if run in the same VM.
- -projecthelp swallowed (configuration) errors silently.
Bugzilla report 27732.
- filterset used by filtertask doesn't respect loglevel. Bugzilla Report 27568.
- wrong compare used in ProjectComponent for logging. Bugzilla Report 28070.
- failOnAny attribute for <parallel> was broken. Bugzilla Report 28122.
- If <javac> uses gcj and any of the nested <compilerarg>s implies
compilation to native code (like -o or --main), Ant will not pass
the -C switch to gcj. This means you can now compile to native code
with gcj which has been impossible in Ant < 1.6.2.
- <import optional="false"> and <import optional="true">
- <xslt> now sets the context classloader if you've specified a nested
<classpath>. Bugzilla Report 24802.
- <zip> and friends would delete the original file when trying to update
a read-only archive. Bugzilla Report 28419.
- <junit> and <assertions> are working together. Bugzilla report 27218
- AntClassLoadergetResource could return invalid URLs. Bugzilla
- Ant failed to locate tools.jar if the jre directory name wasn't all
lowercase. Bugzilla Report 25798.
- Redirector exhibited inconsistent behavior with regard to split
output. When sent to file only, files would be created in all
cases; when split file-property, files were only created if
writes were performed.
- fixed case handling of scriptdef attributes and elements.
- UNC pathnames did not work for ANT_HOME or -lib locations on Windows.
Bugzilla report 27922.
- replacestring tokenfilter only replaced the first occurrence.
- AntLikeTasksAtTopLevelTest failed on cygwin.
- I/O-intensive processes hung when executed via <exec spawn="true">.
Bugzilla reports 23893/26852.
- JDependTask did not close an output file. Bugzilla Report 28557.
- Using <macrodef> could break XmlLogger. Bugzilla Report 28993.
- <genkey> no longer requires keytool to be in your PATH. Bugzilla
- <symlink> could create cyclic links. Bugzilla Report 25181.
- <zip whenempty="skip"> didn't work in a common situation. Bugzilla
- <scp> now properly handles remote files and directories with spaces
in their names. Bugzilla Report 26097.
- <scp> now has (local|remote)tofile attributes to rename files on the
fly. Bugzilla Report 26758.
- <telnet> and <rexec> didn't close the session. Bugzilla Report 25935.
- <subant> and XmlLogger didn't play nicley together.
- doc fix concerning the dependencies of the ftp task
Bugzilla Report 29334.
- <xmlvalidate> has now a property nested element,
allowing to set string properties for the parser
Bugzilla Report 23395.
- Docs fixes for xmlvalidate.html, javadoc.html, starteam.
Bugzilla Reports 27092, 27284, 27554.
- <pathconvert> now accepts nested <mapper>s. Bugzilla Report 26364.
- Shipped XML parser is now Xerces-J 2.6.2.
- Added nested file element to filelist.
- spelling fixes, occurred. Bugzilla Report 27282.
- add uid and gid to tarfileset. Bugzilla Report 19120.
- <scp> has a verbose attribute to get some feedback during the
transfer and new [local|remote][File|Todir] alternatives to file and
todir that explicitly state the direction of the transfer.
- The OS/2 wrapper scripts have been adapted to use the new launcher.
Bugzilla Report 28226.
- <sshexec> now also captures stderr output. Bugzilla Report 28349.
- <xslt> now supports a nested <mapper>. Bugzilla Report 11249.
- <touch> has filelist support.
- <nice> task lets you set the priority of the current thread; non-forking
<java> code will inherit this priority in their main thread.
- New attribute "negate" on <propertyset> to invert selection criteria.
- New "pattern" attribute for <date> selector.
- <junit> has a new forkmode attribute that controls the number of
Java VMs that get created when forking tests. This allows you to
run all tests in a single forked JVM reducing the overhead of VM
creation a lot. Bugzilla Report 24697.
- <jar> can now optionally create an index for jars different than the
one it currently builds as well. See the new <indexjars> element
for details. Bugzilla Report 14255.
- Permit building under JDK 1.5. Bugzilla Report 28996.
- minor Javadoc changes. Bugzilla Report 28998.
- Misc. corrections in SignJar.java. Bugzilla Report 28999.
- Remove redundant <hr> from javah.html. Bugzilla Report 28995.
- Ignore built distributions. Bugzilla Report 28997.
- A new roundup attribute on <zip> and related task can be used to
control whether the file modification times inside the archive will
be rounded up or down (since zips only store modification times with
a granularity of two seconds). The default remains to round up.
Bugzilla Report 17934.
- A binary option has been added to <concat>. Bugzilla Report 26312.
- Added DynamicConfiguratorNS, an namespace aware version of
DynamicConfigurator. Bugzilla Report 28436.
- Add implicit nested element to <macrodef>. Bugzilla Report 25633.
- Add deleteonexit attribute to <delete>.
- Target now supports a Location member. Bugzilla Report 28599.
- Added Target.getIf/Unless(). Bugzilla Report 29320.
- <fail> has a status attribute that can be used to pass an exit
status back to the command line.
- <fail> accepts a nested <condition>.
- <loadproperties> supports loading from a resource.
Bugzilla Report 28340.
- Nested file mappers and a container mapper implementation have been
introduced. Additionally, the <mapper> element now accepts "defined"
nested FileNameMapper implementations directly, allowing a usage
comparable to those of <condition>, <filter>, and <selector>.
- New <redirector> type introduced to provide extreme I/O flexibility.
Initial support for <exec>, <apply>, and <java> tasks.
- <apply> has a new ignoremissing attribute (default true for BC)
which will allow nonexistent files specified via <filelist>s to
be passed to the executable. Bugzilla Report 29585.
- <junitreport> now also works with Xalan XSLTC and/or JDK 1.5.
Bugzilla Report 27541.
- <jspc> doesn't work properly with Tomcat 5.x. We've implemented a
work-around but don't intend to support future changes in Tomcat
5.x. Please use the jspc task that ships with Tomcat instead of